Re: [TowerTalk] BN-86 Balun

To: "'Jim Thomson'" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BN-86 Balun
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:39:49 +0100
I too replaced a BN86 on my 204BA twice and that was before the move to
Mississippi.   However not all American product is built to low standards.
The Hy-Gain Antennas were good for their time and held up reasonably well.
Today we have SteppIR Making a fine product and the likes of Elecraft, Flex
and TenTec have produced some amazingly fine radios which are beating the
competition from overseas.   No one will find service to beat that of
Elecraft anywhere else in the world!

            73 Doug EI2CN