Re: [TowerTalk] BN-86 Balun

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BN-86 Balun
From: Dan <n5ar@air-pipe.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 07:24:35 -0700
Strong words, Jim but you are right on. Type 31 material is easily
available from Mouser (no minimum order size) and other electronic parts
houses.  Poor baluns, even if they do not fail with legal power, allow
the coax outer shield to be part of your antenna. Who wants their coax
outer shield radiating part of your power and picking up noise when
receiving? The info on your web site about your tests takes some careful
reading to understand but is worth the effort.
   Keep up the good work, Jim.

73, Dan, N5AR