Re: [TowerTalk] Optimium Tower Height

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Optimium Tower Height
From: "Chuck" <w5pr@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 08:13:35 -0500
It depends on what you want to do and where you are.  I have contested with
varying height towers through several sunspot cycles.  The most contacts, by
far were made on a 70-75 foot high antenna.  I would say this only applies
here on the Gulf Coast.  All good contest stations have antennas at multiple
heights because the angle of arrival of signals varies with tons of factors:
time of day, time of year, sunspot cycle, frequency and on and on...  But
for my location, the optimum would be 75 feet.

Chuck W5PR