Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Removal

To: "Kenneth R. Goodwin, Jr." <krgoodwin@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Removal
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 13:57:07 -0700
An additional comment for building a tower and stack without a crane.
For a long mast it helps if the mast is placed inside the tower at the
start.  Then the mast hoist can proceed when the tower is up, as
mentioned in this thread with the additional rotator plate or angle iron
u-bolt assembly to hold the mast.  Then it is possible to build the
stack in place, hoisting the mast the required amount for each antenna
with a come-along or block and tackle.  Reverse the process when antenna
work is needed :-( .

Grant KZ1W