Re: [TowerTalk] CDE Rotor meter not operational

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CDE Rotor meter not operational
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 14:25:09 -0500

I did a search on google for 'bd-189 brake delay board' and the first hit
was "Norms Rotor Service".

Check their website and see if the instructions are downloadable, or contact
them and ask for/purchase a copy of the bd-1890 instructions.

You might check the hy-gain.com website for Ham series rotator manuals (PDF)
if you don't already have one.

My Ham-IV manual says there is a 13v zener across C1/Pin7 junction and the
R1/F1 junction.

The 'normal' diode is simply listed as CR1 and no value given.  I would
expect it's around a 1n4001/2/3 or something...it's just handling metering
current levels.

73,
Dale, kg5u