[TowerTalk] upper/lower/both box

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] upper/lower/both box
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 07:22:29 -0700
does anybody remember how these box's were configured ?

Buried some where in mu old W2PV material... there is a diagram of one.
Think it used a pair of P+B DPDT relays.    This is for 2 x identical
40m yagi's... that's it.  It only has to be configured for one band.

Last time round... I designed a simple LC box for a buddy who has 2 x 40m
yagi's.
The 2 x ant's  were always drioven in phase.  The LC box was simple.. just a
mess
of shunt NPO 5 kv doorkno caps at left end. [ hot to grnd]   followed by  a
series
cu tubing coil.    50 ohms in... and 25 ohms out.  The 25 ohms consisted  2 x
coax
connectors.. wired in parallel.    2 x identical length 50 ohm cables... one
per yagi.

I was going to suggest adding bip/bop capability... since that only involves
adding
1 x spst vac relay.. and one  x  1/2 wave of coax.

IMO... I think BIP /BOP would be plenty.    However.. there maywell be cases
where the top
ant by itself would be louder than both in phase..... and ditto with bottom
yagi [vs BOP]

Is the U/L/B box in one of the books ?   If it is..it's  buried good.  This is
just for one band... no
broadband xfmr's required.

Tnx........ Jim  VE7RF