[TowerTalk] LMR900UF

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LMR900UF
From: "Craig Clark" <jcclark@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:38:11 -0400
There is no such animal as LMR900UF

Craig

Craig Clark K1QX
Radioware
PO Box 209
Rindge NH 03461
603 899 6957
www.radio-ware.com

------------------------------

Message: 11
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 18:09:15 -0400
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-900-UF  does it exist?
To: towertalk@contesting.com

On 7/2/2010 1:59 PM, Jim Thomson wrote:
> I keep seeing the odd ref on some other sites to  LMR-900UF
>
> I even saw it on the online power calculator/attenuation calculator on the
times site.

> But it's not listed on the Times microwave site any where else but the on
line calculator.

> On a lot of wireless sites/wi-fi etc... they have complete attenuation
/power tables for LMR cables

> and in each one of em,  LMR-900UF is listed  right before the regular
LMR-900.

> The LMR-900UF specs they depict are typ  [ if it exists]  IE:  slightly
more attenuation then reg 900
> and slightly less power handling capability etc.
>
> Does this LMR-900UF  actually exist??   If it does, it would be the real
ticket.. and I have several applications
> where it could easily be deployed.  The rigid LMR-900   and also
LMR-1200DB  is NO fun to work with at all.

Nor are the UF versions when making a lot of connections.  The jacket is
a rubber like material that does not adhere to the braid. This makes the
use of regular strippers problematic at best and useless at worst. Well,
actually I've had the jacket tare which meant cutting off the end and
starting over.

I am a fan of the LMR series cables, but I am not a fan of the UF
versions. The jacket is not only difficult to work with, but has a
relatively short life compared to the regular LMR cables or Davis
BuryFlex(TM).  I had to replace all of the pigtails to the antennas in
the big array after less than 8 years.

> If it doesn't exist, then they should consider making such a product.
Does anybody know ?

73

Roger (K8RI)
> Later... Jim  VE7RF

End of TowerTalk Digest, Vol 91, Issue 5