Re: [TowerTalk] best way to shine up an old yagi?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] best way to shine up an old yagi?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 22:54:09 -0400

On 7/12/2010 7:09 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:43:25 -0700, David Gilbert wrote:
>

>> I went out of my way to paint my tower and
>> yagis with dark camouflage colors to make them less obtrusive for the
>> neighborhood, and everything is four acre parcels here.
>>
> Same here. My 120 ft of Rohn 25, painted dark brown, holding SteppIR
> with boom wrapped with Scotch 33, is very hard to see through the trees.
> Photos on qrz.com

Painting around here, might be a never ending job. In the summer the
bottom 80' would need to be green and in winter a Dark Gray.  Anything
above 80'  stands out like a sore thumb regardless of color as the
background is constantly changing.  Gray with light and dark streaks for
the lower part might be best.

73

Roger (K8RI)