Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna loads for rohn 45

To: towertalk@contesting.com, ab8al@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna loads for rohn 45
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:40:03 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/2010 5:44:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Can anyone tell me what kind of antenna load I can stack  on Rohn 45?

    Actually @ 70 MPH, it'll take 21 sq. ft. per Rohn  specs. Don't forget
to add back in the 8.0 sq.ft. that they take off of the  tower capacity for
a symmetrical antenna mount which you're not going to use.  It's in the
General Notes.

>  I am looking at 130' of tower  with a 4 element (full size) 40 Meter at
the 130 foot mark but would like to  stack 6X6 60ft boom 20 meter antennas
one at 135 the other at 73".  The  phyllistran guys would be at 43 86 and 129
more or less.  Would adding a  4th set of guys make a difference?

    No. The limiting factor is leg strength. Be sure  to follow the LXC
Prime Directive to "DO what the manufacturer says." There  are online Rohn
catalogs or get one of the new ones from the factory.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams