Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna loads for rohn 45

To: towertalk@contesting.com, john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna loads for rohn 45
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:19:15 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/2010 7:47:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

> I doubt solid legs would change the load rating much, but they  would be
very nice for towers installed in corrosive locations.

Umm, actually it would change the load  rating significantly. Especially
since tower capacity is a direct function of  leg strength.

>  Does Rohn really make a solid leg 45g  tower?

    I'm not aware of one but Rohn makes LOTS of  towers besides 25G, 45G,
et al. .

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH