[TowerTalk] Grounding control line shields at tower base

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>, <SteppIR@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding control line shields at tower base
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:42:30 -0500
I am trying to improve my grounding system, which I thought was pretty good,
after a lightning strike in April.

I now have Array Solutions control line arrestors at the base of the tower
for my SteppIR, rotor, and DX Engineering remote antenna switch.  The
SteppIR and antenna switch lines are shielded.  Should those shields be
grounded at the bottom of the tower?  How about at my grounding panel at the
entrance to the house, where I have ICE arrestors?  (I would assume so to
both.)

Jim N7US