Re: [TowerTalk] What is a single point ground (again)

To: garyschafer@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What is a single point ground (again)
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 07:28:43 -0400
Gary, are you saying that I can achieve the SPG objective in my second
floor shack simply by running a short 3-wire extension cord conductor
from a wall outlet, through a protective device on the SPG, and then
powering all the shack equipment (which is already bonded to the SPG)
from outlets off that line?  Other well-known and respected people, in
response to the same question, have said that you must bring the power
from the breaker panel, up a dedicated line to the SPG, and thence to
the equipment.  Obviously, your solution would be far easier, but is it
code?

What sort of protective device is needed at the SPG for this power
circuit, whichever way it is wired?

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,