Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Work Platform

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Work Platform
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 13:26:36 -0400

On 8/5/2010 8:40 AM, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/4/2010 10:08:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> towertalk-request@contesting.com writes:
>

>>   Has anyone had any experience with the Rohn work  platform?  It's a
>>
> little platform that attaches to the tower, makes it  easier to stand up there
> all day.
>
>      As a professional tower installer, I don't care  for them. Invariably
> they get in the way when you're working and you have to  move them
> occasionally which has it's own problems (awkward, weight, etc.).  OTOH YMMV.

As far as the end user, I used to spend all day up there with a belt and
tag line, then with the harness and fall arrest. OTOH I can not stand to
stand in one place for more than a few minutes, or my back and hips hurt
like the toothache. I've been that way since I was young, but as age
advances it's a bit more prevalent, so for me a work platform would
likely be more of a detriment than help.

I'd say it depends on the individual. Like many things there are that
swear by them and those that swear at them.<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)