Re: [TowerTalk] Proximity to power lines

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Proximity to power lines
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 13:27:48 -0400
K8RI said:
Lately I've been hearing what I believe is QRM between 7.150 and 7.180. It's
just a rushing noise. Sounds like receiver white noise but it wipes
out anything less than S9 and somethings stronger. It starts abruptly and
ends abruptly. It doesn't sound like digital as it's too strong and
broad but it could be. What ever it's not very friendly.

Yhis is some type of jamming.  There is a
weak broadcast station that this is being jamming on 7170.  Its over the air
interference that is 40 over on my 2 el beam.

73 Dave K4JRB