Re: [TowerTalk] OT: Satellite Internet

To: "Dan Bookwalter" <N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT: Satellite Internet
From: John - K4WJ <k4wjfoc1749@wildblue.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 20:01:13 -0400
Dan,

I now live in a rural area where cable TV is not available and my local
phone company, AT&T, has not upgraded the facilities to allow DSL. I would
switch to DSL in a heartbeat if it was available.

I've been using Wild Blue for a little over two years. It is Okay. Dealing
with their agents was disappointing. I say "was" because I don't bother
calling them anymore. The only reason I will call them is when I lose the
satellite signal and we don't have bad weather here. That happened once in
the last two years and I was told that the head-end had a very bad storm.
The satellite signal was not lost very long before it was restored. I would
say it was restored in 15 minutes or less.

Good luck with your choice,

73..de John/K4WJ