Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting Screws on lightening protectors; Use for wire

To: "Fred Serota" <fserota@msn.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting Screws on lightening protectors; Use for wire brushes on top of towers?
From: "Jon Pearl - Laptop" <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 13:27:35 -0400
Hi Fred.

I have used either
http://www.affordablequalitylighting.com/docs/electroshield.html or
http://www.krylon.com/products/uvresistant_clear/ for several years to
protect screw heads and terminal blocks exposed to the weather.  The screw
heads and terminal blocks always remained clean and shiny for years after
application.

If I ever had to remove a spade lug or bare wire from one of these protected
connection points, there was usually evidence (beyond the obviously clean
contacts) that the sprayed-on product was still intact as it would cause
greater rotational force to get the screw started, resulting in a small
amount of the dried product drifting away from the area as the screw head
broke free from its resting position.

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com