[TowerTalk] HG-52SS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HG-52SS
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:28:53 -0600
  I, too, have a Skyhawk atop my 64 foot Trylon.  Before you hoist the
Skyhawk consider whether you might want to shunt-feed the tower on 160 or
80.  If so, you can improve the capacitive top-hat effect of the Yagi by
shorting its parasitic elements to the boom.  It's what I did while I had
the Yagi on the ground.

     Here is a posting I made a few years back:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2007-08/msg00167.html .
And here's a photo of the 15M reflector element showing the shorting strap
and the tape covering the stainless hose clamp:
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/ersmar/?action=view&current=Elementgroundstrap.jpg
 .
Drop me a note if you want more info.

73 de