Re: [TowerTalk] Resonant boom

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Resonant boom
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 11:03:25 -0400
That interaction is incredible since the beams are 186' apart.   I don't
recall my 60' boom yagis causing a 40m problem at my previous QTH with 20'
spacing and I'm not sure yet if it's a problem at my new home with 75'
spacing since the 40m beams are not yet connected.  I have modeled adding
other antennas to my tower and saw  boom interaction.  I considered
insulating the boom, but I have not tried this method.   Certainly grounding
the reflector and last element would change the boom resonance, but not sure
how feasible that is since the 20m beam is installed or if it would help.  A
temporary fix is to use Green Heron controllers and link the two antennas
together to ensure that they are pointing in the same direction when on 40m.

GL
John KK9A / P40A