Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC polar plot normalization

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC polar plot normalization
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:03:12 -0800
On 11/11/2010 9:18 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> I am trying to illustrate a comparison of low angle radiation from
> horizontal antennas at low elevations versus vertical ground plane
> antennas. The only antenna modeling program I have is EZNEC 3.0. I can
> generate nice plots with it, but EZNEC automatically scales the plot so
> that the outer circle is equal to the strongest part of the pattern.

Hi Ken,

I've done talks to ham clubs doing exactly that.  I modeled the
antennas, then transferred data point by point to my spreadsheet and
plotted the results in a form that made the differences easier to see.
They are in the early pages of

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/LimitedSpaceAntennasPPT.pdf

You're welcome to borrow any of the slides, with credit given to me for
the work.

73, Jim K9YC