Re: [TowerTalk] prop pitch direction indicators

To: "Dan Hearn" <n5ardxcc@gmail.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] prop pitch direction indicators
From: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:35:01 -0500
I have just installed the OR2800 on my tower. I used the shielded control
cable that the wireman sells. This wire has a heavy awg pair of wires
(black and white) for the DC motor supply. It also has a shielded red, blue
and drain wire inside a foil wrapping.

I have grounded one of the pulse switch leads (blue) as well as the drain
wire inside the shielded pair to the top of the tower inside the M2
connection diecast box and also at the base of the tower. These wires are
also grounded at the SPG box. I have used a 19V MOV and 250V 0.1uF capacitor
at the base of the tower and at the SPG box between the non-grounded pulse
switch lead (red) and ground.  I hope that this will protect the reed switch
contacts.

Mark N1UK