Re: [TowerTalk] myth about engineers?

To: Jeffrey Okamitsu <w3kl@w3kl.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] myth about engineers?
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:24:34 -0500
I think we have a winner.

Perhaps it is time for a bit of levity - engineers and "the knack."

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/410397/dilbert_the_knack/

I have "the knack." Do you?

73,

Mickey

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Jeffrey Okamitsu <w3kl@w3kl.com> wrote:

> In my career in pure research, R&D, and product design as well as
> leadership of
> R&D, engineering, and product development, I have worked with scientists
> and
> engineers that run the gamut from "it's never good enough..." to "the specs
> are
> wrong..."  In my view and experience both extremes can and do have a place
> in
> any NPD project.   What really determines success or failure of an NPD
> project
> in this case is how the project team is led.  There are going to be times
> where
> one needs to let the type who likes to push the envelope in
> performance/cost/etc. and there's a time for the extreme pragmatist to be
> in
> charge.
>
> Proper leadership and vision with insure that a group of technical
> resources
> with disparate temperaments and personalities will come together as a team
> to conceive of, breadboard, and design a product that will meet expecations
> on
> time and within budget.
>
> 73, Jeff
> W3KL
>  Jeffrey K. Okamitsu, PhD, MBA
> +1-609-638-5402 US Mobile Phone
> +1-240-421-0692 GSM Mobile Phone

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me, and
I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.