Re: [TowerTalk] STACKED 40 METER BEAMS MATCH

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] STACKED 40 METER BEAMS MATCH
From: Larry K4AB <larry.k4ab@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:11:07 -0600
I use a Stackmatch to feed dissimilar antennas in order to spray RF in two
directions.
For example, during this past Sweepstakes, I fed a tribander at 60' pointed
NW along
with a different type of tribander pointing NE. Both with different
types/lengths of
feedline.

All worked well, but despite claims, the Stackmatch did not evenly
distribute power
to each antenna.  In my case, 600 watts to one antenna, and 350 watts to the
other.

This is probably by design, since I know of no broadbanded device (1.8-30
mHz) that
can effectively distribute to vastly different loads.

However, the Stackmatch did keep my amp happy by presenting it with a nice
VSWR.
Someone on this reflector (I forgot who) mentioned that the Stackmatch has
proven design flaws.  Could someone elaborate on them?

73,
Larry K4AB