[TowerTalk] OT ?? - Manual tuners

To: "TOWERTALK Reflector" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] OT ?? - Manual tuners
From: "Jim Miller KG0KP" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:35:40 -0600
Settings, Not brand comparisons; (Dentron MT3000A, but that is not the
question)

If I am able to match my exciter to the antenna via a setting of ---

#1.  "0-J-0" (Both dials fully to the left)
and also at
#2.  "35-K-50" (Left dials set at 35 (of 100 on top half of dial) and right
dial set at 50)

with virtually the same (each completely acceptable) SWR resulting,

WHICH is the most efficient ????

A: Which should I be trying to match for the highest efficiency, using the
most capacitance or least capacitance?
B: Does the inductor setting have more effect on efficiency than the
capacitance?

Thanks es 73, de Jim KG0KP