Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Problems

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Problems
From: K8RI on TowerTalk <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 04:11:44 -0500
On 1/7/2011 9:46 PM, Mickey Baker wrote:
>>>   500' from a building.  Is that a law for you?
> Just a conservative recommendation for amateurs who would try demolition of
> hard rock with high explosives. No, that doesn't mean it is legal, safe or
> advisable. Your mileage may very. Explosives are dangerous and should only
> be used by professionally trained people. Don't try this at home. If you
> might be pregnant, you shouldn't use explosives.
Depends on a lot of things.  I've used measured amounts of dynamite
within 5 feet of a building foundation.  Didn't break any windows and
didn't crack the foundation.  This was in very heavy and almost rigid
clay, digging a hole for a fuel tank for their oil fired furnace.  A lot
of quarter sticks sure speeded it up.

I will also add that this was a long time ago.

73

Roger (K8RI)