Re: [TowerTalk] Burying LDF4-50

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Burying LDF4-50
From: "Eugene Jensen" <eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 18:19:13 -0400
I personally do not see much of a cost savings between using grey electrical
conduit with the Schedule 40 Elbows which will give you a nice gentle 90
degree sweep and the stuff is extremely bullet proof. It is readily
available, I believe in most of the Home Depot, Loews etc. and I am a great
believer if you use the right material, then you can expect having the right
job at the end.  As far as the issue of water, they will all fill up with
water sooner or later, and in the field, we usually use a jack hammer
compressor to blow it out.  You would be amazed as to how much water you can
get out of 500 feet of filled conduit. AS for grey electrical conduit, I
have seen bake in the sun for decades and never be effected.  73's  Gene
K2QWD