Re: [TowerTalk] burying hardline

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] burying hardline
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 03:08:35 -0400
On 4/3/2011 1:24 AM, Mark, K5ER wrote:
I've found LDF4-50 (1/2" Heliax) to be a bit on the fragile side and
easily crushed. Were it me, and it's not, I'd put all feedlines in PVC
conduit.  The reason is that yards can at times get soft and if your
tires sink in as you cross the feedlines it can be a mess. To me the PVC
is cheap insurance.  I'd run the control lines either under the conduit,
or in their own conduit.  OTOH although it's not good practice I do have
some control lines in the same conduit with the feed lines.  I use lower
loss LMR-600 which has a smaller minimum bend radius and is much more
crush/kink resistant than LDF4-50

73

Roger (K8RI)