Re: [TowerTalk] burying hardline

To: "Mark, K5ER" <k5er@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] burying hardline
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 06:40:34 -0700

On Apr 3, 2011, at 22:00, "Mark, K5ER" <k5er@arrl.net> wrote:

>    This brings up another question, though. Obviously, the 6 runs of LDF
> would feed through easier if already laid out nice and straight. Rather
> than bury the conduit and then try to pull, why can't I lay the LDF right
> by the trench and simply slide the sections of PVC over them, glue each up,
> and then drop it in the trench? Seems like it would be easier than trying
> to pull the relatively stiff LDF the entire 125' length.

I've done both schemes.  One down side to the glue with stuff in conduit
approach is that you get glue on the contents if you're not super careful.  It
also might not be as water tight, since you're jostling the connection just
after gluing, and the joint might no be completely set.

However, as you note, it's a whole lot easier.