Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary Guys

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary Guys
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 18:30:47 -0400
They are also used to install a tower on a pier pin base, where the tower
base is just sitting on top of the concrete pad.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 01:01:49 -0700

On 4/3/2011 5:21 PM, Chuck wrote:
>   I have never seen the need for temporary rope guys.
>
> What did I miss?  Why would one use them?

Think of them as a tool. I've used them several ways. First, on Field
Day for short towers. Second to hold two 10 ft sections of Rohn 25 plumb
with the bottom section 4 ft below grade while I pour concrete around it
and let it cure, and until someone can climb to put the third section on
top of those two and permanent guys can be installed. Third, on a
two-section push-up mast that is temporarily holding 4-el 10M and 15M
beams up (one at a time) long enough to tune them, and until I build a
tower to hold them.

73, Jim Brown K9YC