Re: [TowerTalk] Multi-band dipoles

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Multi-band dipoles
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:22:28 -0700
Hi Jim

I just put up a 15/17 meter fan dipole.

Separately, they work fine.  When hooked together, the 17 meter dipole works
fine, but the SWR goes way up on 15.  If I unhook the 17 meter dipole, the
15 meter goes back to a low SWR again.

Are 15 and 17 too close together to have 2 antennas on the same feedline.
The lengths of wire are pretty close to the same. 73
Tom