Re: [TowerTalk] Multi-band dipoles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Multi-band dipoles
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:36:12 -0700

By all accounts I've read, the B&W folded dipole is indeed broadband.
Since it has a relatively small fixed "tuning network", that can only
mean it has significant loss relative to a normal dipole.  Estimates
I've read vary between one and two S-units.

By all accounts I've read, it is a "quiet" antenna on receive.  Since
noise rejection can only come from pattern or polarity discrimination
and the B&W antenna has no more of either of those than does a standard
dipole, that again means it has significant loss.  The antenna is
probably just as quiet on the other end as it is on yours.

Dave   AB7E