Re: [TowerTalk] Side mount antenna

To: "Tom Ed Moore, K5BM, 405 364 0504" <k5bm@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Side mount antenna
From: N7KA@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:42:20 +0000 (UTC)

I have been using a side mount swinging gate similar to the Custom Metal Works
design since 1991.  I saw how a friend in Oregon had his side mount and
designed mine ( I believe Custom Meal Works got the design from him).  One
difference, I rotate 2 yagis on one side mount.  A 5el 10M 24ft boom and had a
4el 17M 26 ft boom yagi.  Using T2X for rotating (put red markeer on meter
front cover to indicate limits).  N ary a problem with this system.

Only a bit more than 240 deg rotation however and elements will need to be (in
my case) 34 inches from the boom mount center point.

I am presentlhy installing a HyGain 155CA and I had to of fset each element
about 15 inches (in same direction) to get the needed 34 inches between D1 and
D2.

Spring and Fall winds get to 50-60 mph at my QTH.

Arne N7KA

----- "Tom Ed Moore, K5BM, 405 364 0504" <k5bm@swbell.net> wrote:

Arne N7KA

----- "Tom Ed Moore, K5BM, 405 364 0504" <k5bm@swbell.net> wrote:

Appears like an accident waiting to happen,
Tom, k5bm
Life is not how long you live. Life is how long you enjoy how you live.
                                     Tom Ed Moore
                                (c) 10 February 2008