[TowerTalk] SteppIR SWR question

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR SWR question
From: Mike <nf4l@nf4l.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:01:02 -0400
My 4L SteppIR with the 30/40 M trombone is on sawhorses in the front yard. It
was
down to replace the driven element motor. The climber and crane are scheduled
to put
itback on the tower tomorrow morning.

After I replaced the motor, I ran an SWR check from 7.005 to 29.5. The SWR ot
the
lower end was 7.2, lowering as the frequency went up, til at 29.5 it was 1.0.
Considering the proximity to ground, I can accept that range.

Today ( 10 days later) I checked again, and the SWR range had gone up to 8.2 to
2.2.
Nothing has changed, except we had rain last night, so the ground is a tad
damper.

How concerned should I be, and what would you check? I really don't want to get
it in
the air and have a problem.

73, Mike NF4L