Re: [TowerTalk] DIGGING A HOLE WITH A BACKHOE

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIGGING A HOLE WITH A BACKHOE
From: jd_hudson@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 22:07:29 +0000 (UTC)
I live across from a cemetery and was putting up a old TX-455 but made my own
raising fixture. (3" square tube - 6' in the ground - 7' out at approx 75
degree angle. I slushed it full of rebar and concrete when they poured the
concrete) BTW if you do this, go with 4"..wish I had but mine work ok

Back to the hole, I always see the "grave digger" over in the cemetary and one
day I walked over and asked him if he did side jobs and he said "YEP", I asked
"how much?" and he said "$40 a hour" and I replied "COME ON OVER!!!!"

I was ready except for the hole so the gravedigger came over and I had him dig
my hole and since I was homebrewing the rasing fixure I made the hole 5x5x6
deep YEP....BIG

He had a small "gravedigger" backhoe and was done in 50 minutes and he did such
a good job I paid him for the whole hour :)

All said I got the hole dug just when I wanted it, did not have to rent one or
get it picked up or delivered and for $40...AIN'T TOO BAD...

I'm hoping to catch him and see if he has a trencher so I can run a pair of 140
and 190 foot runs...

73

John
KO4XJ