Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical with 1 radia

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical with 1 radia
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 12:40:22 -0700
On 5/13/2011 12:16 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:
> I think it is a misnomer to call them ..."Laws"... . They are theories
> that explain a phenomenon to which the majority of the scientific community
> subscribe to, at this present time. They are not Holy Writ, as past history
> would attest to.

I couldn't disagree more. Like much of modern science, the fundamental
principles of how antennas work have been clearly understood (and
proven) for at least a century.  The fact that any of us have not
studied these principles well enough that WE understand them does not
change the fact that they have been well proven by those who have done
that work.

Most, if not all, of the so-called controversy with respect to well
proven scientific principles is the result of laziness and ignorance on
the part of those who see controversy. One of the major failings of the
news media, even the best of them, is their widespread ignorance of that
science.  I have often read so-called news stories in major media about
some scientific issue that I know a lot about, written by reporters who
are ignorant, so revert to quoting those who know, those who don't, and
those who have a vested interest in denying reality.

73, Jim Brown K9YC