Re: [TowerTalk] concrete bases for freestanding towers

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] concrete bases for freestanding towers
From: EZ Rhino <ezrhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 21:59:45 -0600
Frankly I've never understood why a house bracket is either needed or a good
idea.  If the tower is guyed above the bracket, there is no reason to have it
because it isn't adding anything to the system (assuming guying at the proper
intervals, etc).  The only reason I can see to have one is in steadying the
lower sections as the tower is constructed (in place of temporary guys).

Chris
KF7P

On May 14, 2011, at 19:50 , W2RU - Bud Hippisley wrote:

On May 14, 2011, at 9:29 PM, WA8JXM wrote:

> My concern with attaching a tower to the house is that if the tower moves
> back and forth just a slight bit in the wind, will that eventually loosen the
> framing on the house?

Goodness!  What are you guys _putting_ on your house-bracketed towers?

Why would wind on a thin-member lattice tower and cylindrical-element antennas
create more disturbance to framing than wind on a solid wall?

Bud, W2RU