Re: [TowerTalk] Another Ground Radial Question

To: pfizenmayer <pfizenmayer2@q.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Another Ground Radial Question
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:20:45 -0500
Is it not possible to discuss this question by considering the design of two
UHF verticals mounted on a car?

The corollary of the original question would then suggest this is not possible,
since you do not have separate radial fields (since the car IS the radial
field).

But we do know it is possible, because we see examples of it at every hamfest,
every field day and many emcomm events.

I would suggest that it is never a bad thing to get as close as you can to the
theoretical "perfect" radial field (an infinite plane of copper). Even if that
means two antennas share the radial field.

But overlapping isn't necessary: where any wires meet, cut them and bond them
to each other.

Don't ask me for the math: K9YC I ain't!

73,
Kelly
Ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone