Re: [TowerTalk] BLACKENED BRAID?

To: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@inbox.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BLACKENED BRAID?
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 21:42:45 -0500
So you think the "black hair" I see might be contamination from the jacket
versus oxidation?

This could be significant, as I might have a chance to use a solvent to
clean contamination, but cleaning oxidation is probably hopeless.

Guess I need to get out there with the scrap pieces and see what steel wool
does versus cloth + solvents.

I think it's a lost cause, but am willing to put in a little more time just
in case.

As to "old cheap coax" this was supposedly "new expensive good coax"! Or so
the marketing would have me believe!
73
Dan
K0DAN