Re: [TowerTalk] Next Radial - Question

To: "'Dan Bookwalter'" <N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Next Radial - Question
From: "Tim Duffy K3LR" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 09:34:01 -0500
Best use of your riding mower would be to use it to cut your grass very
short - then within hours - lay down the radials by hand (silver solder to
their radial ring around the base of the vertical - wires straight and
taught for the entire length - held down by galvanized landscape pins and at
the end of each wire wrap around a pin pushed deep.
Set the mower a bit higher for the next few cuttings. Water to keep the sod
growing at a fast rate - if needed.
In 4 weeks or so - all radials will self burry and be gone under the sod.
After 5 years the radials are down about 6 inches - all on their own.

I've used this method to install thousands of feet of radials at several
different QTHs with no problems.

73,
Tim K3LR