Re: [TowerTalk] Does this make any sense?.....

To: Joseph or Ruth Patrick <hdmc38@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Does this make any sense?.....
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:16:45 -0400
On 7/4/2011 Joseph or Ruth Patrick wrote:

> Hey Pete

>   If your C-3 is new you can buy the 40meter Dipole that mounts on your C-3
> from
> Force 12. You have to run 2 feed lines and the cost is somewhat more than a
> D40.

I started an off list discussion with Peter about this.  I did almost exactly
what he proposed only 6-8 weeks ago, except I used a C3SS and the total stack
height is lower.  In my case, I looked at adding the 40m kit on the c3ss, but
the increased turning radius would have been an issue (ask W2GD how close I am
to the property lines)

When it came time to decide parallel to the boom, or parallel to the elements,
we went with "rule #1" (do what the Mfg says), and we called Force 12.  They
said "5-10 ft between antennas?  Put the elements in parallel", so we did

System has been working FB, so I can't complain