Re: [TowerTalk] Does this make any sense?.....

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Does this make any sense?.....
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:04:53 -0400
This is a real old chestnut.  I have a stack of C-3Es with an EF-240S
(essentially 2 F12 linear-loaded dipoles, tuned as a Yagi) 6 feet above
the tribander.  Interaction on 15M was quite noticeable - change in SWR,
decreased F/B ratio - so I turned the 40M antenna 90 degrees, and
everything cleaned up.

YMMV of course, but I think 5-10 feet is a little close.  Maybe the F12
Delta elements are different - it would be nice hi

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,