Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Legs in Concrete

To: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Legs in Concrete
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 10:09:55 -0400
Think of a Rohn BX tower - same thing.  If the tower is taken
down/removed, only the stubs stick out of the concrete, and get left
behind.  Its a taper tower.  By purchasing new legs, the tower can be
installed at a new location (new concrete base required at new
location).  The problem with burying part of the tower section is that
it needs to be cut off when you want to remove it, resulting in a
shorter tower.

Tom - VE3CX