Re: [TowerTalk] Need a mast for my tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need a mast for my tower
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 22:13:48 -0400
On 7/6/2011 6:10 PM, STEVE LANE wrote:
> Looking for a 20'  long 2" diameter heavy wall mast. Going to have a Force
> 12 C19XR and a 10 meter ground plane on it. I am near the San Francisco Bay
> area and can pick it up. Thanks

Check around your area for metal supply shops.  I have two places, one
within 5 miles and the other about 20. Both will deliver which
unfortunately is no where near your location.  The one place has
Aluminum, Steel, and Copper in sheets, rods, and tube. They even carry
DOM steel.

I'm installing a C19XR with the WARC 7 above it on 2", 1/4" wall,
6061-T6 Aluminum tube.  The WARC-7 is fairly light and only about 4 sq
ft of wind area.

73  and good luck,

Roger (K8RI)