Re: [TowerTalk] ICE 419B schematic

To: "'Dave Hachadorian'" <k6ll@arrl.net>, "'Towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ICE 419B schematic
From: "James C. Hall, MD" <nwtcc@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 19:19:23 -0500
Dave:

Thanks so much for this information - it really helps. At least I have a
feel for how this thing is constructed. I'll look at beefier replacement
caps and see if this will help.

The new FilterMax III is a 3-stage design but, my God, the price will floor
you ! Two M-notes for a matched pair of these is a bit much.

I don't know much about filter design, but I would love to see an article on
a 'hacked' 419 set that would add a third stage and thus 20-30 db more
filtering. It appears that ICE will be down for awhile so it's left to
individuals to repair their gear from them.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL