Re: [TowerTalk] ICE 419B schematic

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ICE 419B schematic
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 22:15:02 +0000
Again, its probably not the voltage but the current that is the problem...
See my last message.

Also on mine the capacitors on 20m hadn't 'failed' they had shifted value...
It was obvious to see using a minivna to sweep the filter that it was still
there, it just wasn't resonating where it what supposed to any more.  In
mine the 10m section had one of the shunt caps shorted, the others were ok,
but I replaced them all anyway.  The 20m section had one of the shunt caps
changed from 1000pf to 247pf on a handheld dmm, my mfj 269 reads it as 614pf
at 2mhz but is highly frequency dependent where the good one is a stable
1040pf or so over a wide range.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net