Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: pull lubricant

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: pull lubricant
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 00:50:19 -0400
On 7/20/2011 8:47 PM, Sam Andrews wrote:
> Yes, magic stuff.  It is soap based.  The brand Ideal is most popular with
> electricians.
>
> The downside is that after several years, it becomes gooey and makes
> removing the conductors more difficult.

It may be the difference in brand, or a phase it goes through while
drying out, but I've never seen the pull lube or soap get gooey.  It
eventually dries out to form a cake like substance that is easily broken
into a slippery powder. Not as slippery as the initial "snot in a can",
but still slippery.  I base that on 26 years working in industry as well
as my own use in my conduit runs.  I didn't do much cable pulling the 7
years after college and before retirement.<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)