[TowerTalk] New Tower Antenna Spacing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New Tower Antenna Spacing
From: "Tim Rush" <trush7@hughes.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:13:35 -0400
I just purchased a Heights 72ft aluminum tower in an estate sale. It is in
great condition. I estimate that the tower is about 15+ years old.   It has the
following sections:

2- 35", 2 -30", 2 -26" and 3- 22".   Sections are 8ft. Very heavy duty!

I have a 24' 2" ¼"  aluminum wall mast. I am having a hard time getting the
info on the tower and max wind load. The antennas I would like to put on the
tower are the following.

Cushcraft X7 7.9sq ft  60LBS  10, 15, 20 meters  (at apex)

Force 12 WARC7 4.93 sq ft 32 lbs  12, 17, 30 meters

The question is what is the optimum spacing for stacking the 2 antennas and
will the tower accommodate? The new tower will also have inverted V's for 40 &
80 meters and a 160 inverted L. The X7 is on a MA550 tower which I want to use
for 6 and 2 meter beams. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tim N8DUY