Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna location for hurricane

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna location for hurricane
From: "Tommy Alderman" <aldermant@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:27:13 -0400
I think it is silly to listen to what 'some xxx user' says! How the heck do
they know? The only thing they did was fork over the bucks to buy the
antenna. Listen to what your manufacturer tells you to do because his
mechanical designers most likely know better than 'some xxx user'. The
Optibeam designer says to point the end of the elements into the wind, so
that is what I do with my two Optibeam yagi's. Irene just passed about 300
miles east of my QTH in south Georgia and nothing but a slight breeze from
the east.

Good luck to those further up the best coast! Hihi!

73,
Tom - W4BQF