Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum tubing slip joints seized - my final answer

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum tubing slip joints seized - my final answer
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 00:53:09 -0400
The poly rope was placed in the portion of the elements beyond the traps,
where the aluminum elements were more prone to failure due to the constant
vibration.  I don't think the rope was used on the INSIDE half of the
elements between the traps and the boom.  The 10m elements on the TH6/7 for
example had a rather long section of it as I recall. It was advised to GLUE
the ends so that it would not creep or gather in one end and over time and
negate the dampening effect. Now, that's from memory of an antenna that I
put in over 20 years ago, so don't quote me. -Mike