Re: [TowerTalk] Maasdam "Powr Pull"

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Maasdam "Powr Pull"
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 02:27:16 -0400
Hi Rick.

I drive an $800,000 fire dept. ladder tower for a living and carry one
of these amongst a whole hose of extrication equipment:
http://specialserviceandsupply.com/Prod-C3.html

It's very much a precision piece of work and rated at 3 tons. "With a
two part line the C-3C Heavy Duty Rescue Come-A-Long’s 5/16” diameter
aircraft cable provides a full 7 ½ feet of lift on a 3 ton load with a
handle pull of 105 lbs..."

Hand operated units with much more load capacity than this are usually
in the chain hoist category.

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com