Re: [TowerTalk] Maasdam "Powr Pull"

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Maasdam "Powr Pull"
From: Doug Grant <dougk1dg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 16:43:58 -0400
 Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> I drive an $800,000 fire dept. ladder tower for a living and carry one
> of these amongst a whole hose of extrication equipment:
> http://specialserviceandsupply.com/Prod-C3.html
>
> It's very much a precision piece of work and rated at 3 tons. "With a
> two part line the C-3C Heavy Duty Rescue Come-A-Long?s 5/16? diameter
> aircraft cable provides a full 7 ? feet of lift on a 3 ton load with a
> handle pull of 105 lbs..."

>From the photo on that page, the tool actually appears to be
manufactured by Lug-All.

After owning several big-box-store come-alongs which eventually needed
replacement for one reason or another, I saw K4ZA's Lug-All. This is a
quality solidly-built piece of professional gear, not cheap, but
available in various sizes with various cable lengths direct from the
manufacturer and elsewhere (I bought mine on eBay for about half the
new price). I am very pleased with mine. No affiliation, etc., etc.

73,

Doug K1DG